From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Submit HTTP requests and asynchronously receive HTTP responses
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 10:20:36 GMT
On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 01:57 -0800, sveno wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a basic example using NHttpClientConnection where It can be
> used to submit HTTP requests and asynchronously receive HTTP responses.
>
> In my app, I am extablishing a connection and freeze the connection for few
> minutes in the server-side( long polling). The response will be sent to the
> client,  if some event occurs or when the freezing time out expires. Here, I
> don't want to block the connections rather I just want to use the
> asynchronous (non-blocking) approach just like the above class. (submit HTTP
> requests and asynchronously receive HTTP responses)
>
> It would be great if you could be provide some working example using
> NHttpClientConnection.
>
> Thanks

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/trunk/module-nio/src/examples/org/apache/http/examples/nio/NHttpClient.java

More examples can be found here:

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core/examples.html

HttpCore tutorial draft can be found here:

http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/HttpCoreTutorial#head-8cb5537621a15607ec286c525bb4a5fb0ac76d45

Oleg