From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Facing Issues in performing multiple posts over a secure(HTTPS) connection
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 10:10:56 GMT
On 01/12/2008, Vishwas Babu <vishwasbabu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi sebb,
>
>  Thanks for the reply. I am facing the same issue after manually handling the
>  redirect on the second post.

You have not sent the POST parameter.

>  Also,I am getting the following message in the log before following the
>  redirect on the second post.
>
>  // Log extract
>
>  6469 [main] DEBUG org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManager - Get
>
> connection for route HttpRoute[{s}->https://sw.wilytech.com]
>

> 6469 [main] WARN org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManager - Invalid
>  use of SingleClientConnManager: connection still allocated.
>
>  Make sure to release the connection before allocating another one.

See below.

>  6469 [main] DEBUG org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnection -
>  Connection shut down
>  Thanks,
>
>  Vishwas
>
>  PS: I have attached the modified lines of code and the log.
>

>  //Code change for the second post
>
>  HttpClientParams.*setRedirecting*(httpParams,
>  *false*);
>
>  client.setParams(httpParams);
>
>  HttpResponse httpResponse = client.execute(httpost);
>
>  Header locationHeader = httpResponse.getHeaders("location")[0];

You need to finish the response. Try using the ResponseHandler as you
did in the other requests.

>  // Manually follow the redirect and do a post to the location URL
>
>  HttpPost httpost1 =
>  *new* HttpPost(locationHeader.getValue());
>
>  httpost1.setHeader(
>  "Referer",
>
>  "https://sw.wilytech.com/ProductRegistration/registration;?path=0") ;
>
>  initializeConnectionHeaders(httpost1);

Where is the parameter set?

>  firstResponse = client.execute(httpost1, responseHandler);

If you have any further issues, I suggest you compare what a browser
sends with what your program is sending. Some browsers have addons
that allow you to record the HTTP(S) traffic.