From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Httpclient 3.1 encodes null=null parameters under stressing conditions
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:52:42 GMT
On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 13:33 +0000, Domet De Mont, Dominique (d3m) wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I am facing a strange httpclient 3.1 behaviour under stressing conditions while encoding
a post: the set of parameters is "nullified", whereas the number of parameters is correct.

> I have turned on the httpclient wire traces to get more clues, and added in my own code
a dump of the PostMethod object before and after the httpclient.execute call: I see the actual
parameters correctly set in the PostMethod object, but actually the httpclient encoding "nullified"
parameters.

> Here is the code excerpt:
> synchronized(this) {
>     // Check parameters before call
>     log.debug("About to call httpclient.executeMethod on object: " + postMethodM + "
containing parameters: " );
>     for(int i=0; i < postMethodM.getParameters().length; i++)
>         log.debug("\t" + i + "/ " + postMethodM.getParameters()[i].getName() + "=" +
postMethodM.getParameters()[i].getValue() );
>     // actually call
>     statusCodeM = httpclient.executeMethod(postMethodM);
>     // check parameters after call
>     log.debug("Called httpclient.executeMethod on object: " + postMethodM + " with status:
" + statusCodeM + " containing parameters: " );
>     for(int i=0; i < postMethodM.getParameters().length; i++)
>         log.debug("\t" + i + "/ " + postMethodM.getParameters()[i].getName() + "=" +
postMethodM.getParameters()[i].getValue() );
> }

Do not do that. HttpMethods are not threading safe. Just turn on the
wire log if you need to examine what gets sent across the wire.

Oleg