From "S├ębastien Nussbaumer" <sebn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Looks like the request gets sent three times when going through a proxy requiring NTLM authentication. Am I wrong ?
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:18:26 GMT

> This doesn't happen over HTTPS connections, only HTTP connections (I tested
>> that I'm going through the proxy for both types of connections)
>>

> I doubt that the connection type should make any difference here.

I'll check again, I thought maybe the real data was been sent only once the
SSL tunnel was established (and in that cas would be completely oblivious to
the fact that there is a proxy, juste guessing though)

>  Is this normal ?
>>

> NTLM authentication usually requires 3 request/response round-trips to
> complete, so it is normal.
>

>  Is there a way to prevent this ?
>>

> Do a GET or a HEAD before doing POST to make sure the connection is
> authenticated before sending a large body of content.

OK I'll give it a try, I wanted to avoid this kind of hack but it everything
makes sense.

> Hope this helps

Sure Thanks !!

Sebastien