From "Chris Lowe" <chris.lowe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Facing problems to send viewstate value through post method
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 13:34:20 GMT
Sai,

It's not advisable to just copy the view state from your form - it will
break the second you change your page structure.  Also, recent JSF 1.2
implementations can be configured to expire view state as a security
measure.

Usually I do a GET request to the form URL first, parse the resulting
content (a simple regex will suffice) in order to get viewstate value and
then post back the form data with the view state.

I hope that helps,

Chris.