From "Vity" <vity...@seznam.cz>
Subject Problem with proxy settings in Internet Explorer
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:31:54 GMT
Hello,
I use HttpClient 3.1 on Windows XP + Java 1.6_10.
I have following problem I can't figure out:
Connections are always created with Internet Explorer browser proxy
settings, even if I don't set up proxy with HttpClient.
I tried to disable using these settings by these switches:

        System.getProperties().put("proxySet", "false");
        System.getProperties().put("proxyHost", "");
        System.getProperties().put("http.proxyHost", "");
        System.getProperties().put("socksProxyHost", "");

but it doesn't help.
The problem is that connection created with browser settings does not work
at all (connection timeout).  I don't see proxyHost property in my System
properties either (although the system proxy is used). It looks like JDK bug
to me.

Does anyone know how to get rid off browser settings in the code? I can
switch off the settings in Control Panel, but the browser is affected too
(problems with applets).

Thanks for your advices

-Vity