From "Chris Lowe" <chris.l...@triggersoft.com>
Subject RE: Question about creating a simple HTTP proxy
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 15:57:09 GMT
If it's just for debugging then I strongly recommend using the Charles
Web Debugging Proxy:

http://www.charlesproxy.com/

If your Java programs are using JDK APIs then you can specify the
following VM argument "-Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true" and you should
see all traffic go through Charles.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/deployment/deployment-guide/pr
oxie_config.html

Cheers,

C.

-----Original Message-----
From: corpaul [mailto:koningcor@live.nl]
Sent: 26 November 2008 15:45
To: httpclient-users@hc.apache.org
Subject: Question about creating a simple HTTP proxy

Hi,

I am trying to adjust the ReverseProxy example to build a (simple) HTTP
proxy. I need one to hook up to another Java application to see whether
a request was made and to which Host it was made, just for testing
purposes.
My desire is not to build a production quality proxy (although it would
be nice if it worked correctly ;) ).

I have a couple of questions about this:

1. Do such proxies exist for HttpClient / Java? I kinda have the feeling
I'm reinventing the wheel here.
2. Is adjusting the ReverseProxy example a good idea or is this way too
naive?
3. The code I have thus far gives me the following error for AJAX calls:
Exception in thread "Thread-6" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Content
has been consumed
	at
org.apache.http.entity.BasicHttpEntity.getContent(BasicHttpEntity.java:8
4)
	at
org.apache.http.entity.BasicHttpEntity.writeTo(BasicHttpEntity.java:126)
	at
org.apache.http.impl.entity.EntitySerializer.serialize(EntitySerializer.
java:97)
	at
org.apache.http.impl.AbstractHttpClientConnection.sendRequestEntity(Abst
ractHttpClientConnection.java:164)
	at
org.apache.http.protocol.HttpRequestExecutor.doSendRequest(HttpRequestEx
ecutor.java:237)
	at
org.apache.http.protocol.HttpRequestExecutor.execute(HttpRequestExecutor
.java:119)
	at
usaproxytest.NHttpServer$HttpFileHandler.handle(NHttpServer.java:178)
	at
org.apache.http.protocol.HttpService.doService(HttpService.java:243)
	at
org.apache.http.protocol.HttpService.handleRequest(HttpService.java:187)
	at
usaproxytest.NHttpServer$WorkerThread.run(NHttpServer.java:272)
What does this imply?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Cor-Paul