From cowwoc <cow...@bbs.darktech.org>
Subject Client and server multipart/* parser?
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 04:53:54 GMT

Hi,

Is there a generic multipart/* parser out there that allows you to both
encode a multipart/* body as well as decoding it? multipart/* refers to
multipart/form-data, multipart/mixed, etc. There seem to be many poorly
implemented solutions out there but none of them go all the way.

I know there is Apache Commons FileUpload but it only deals with the
server-side and then only with multipart/form-data. I believe that
HttpComponents only deals with the client-side as well.

I would like to integrate a comprehensive MIME library into JAX-RS. Someone
has already started working on this integration but they're writing the
parser from scratch which seems like a wasted effort to me:
http://n2.nabble.com/Hello-World!-and-Welcome-to-jersey-multipart-td1343189.html

What do you think?