From Marcel Schiffel <marcelschif...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: visualizing upload/download status in a statusbar
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 17:51:26 GMT

Hi,

it's wrapped around another request entity, for example:

		PostMethod method = new PostMethod(...);
		FileRequestEntity fre = new FileRequestEntity(someFile, "contentType");
		method.setRequestEntity(new CountingRequestEntity(fre, listener));

I've been able to use it with only minor changes (changed the type of the
listener to ProgressHandle of the Netbeans Progress API). It's successfully
counting the bytes sent, but I'm still not able to determine the total
number of bytes that are sent, before executing the request. I'm therefore
unable to tell the status bar what number of bytes is equivalent to 100%.
Furthermore it is still not clear how to achieve the same thing when
downloading a file (evaluating the response body stream).