From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Force httpclient to use an alt IP
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 14:03:01 GMT
On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 17:33 +1100, Steven Adams wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have several IP's on the server I'm using HttpClient 4.
>
> I would like to force httpclient to use one of the other IP's, can
> someone please tell me if this is possible and how?
>
> Thanks
> Steve

Set 'http.route.local-address' parameter to the desired local address
either on the client or request level:

---
DefaultHttpClient  httpclient = new DefaultHttpClient(params);

httpclient.getParams().setParameter(
 ConnRouteParams.LOCAL_ADDRESS, Inet4Address.getLocalHost());

HttpGet httpget = new HttpGet("http://localhost:8080");
httpget.getParams().setParameter(
 ConnRouteParams.LOCAL_ADDRESS, Inet4Address.getLocalHost());

HttpResponse response = httpclient.execute(httpget);
---

Hope this helps

Oleg