From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject RE: ResponseProcessCookies - CookieSpec not available in HTTPcontext
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:12:50 GMT
On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 08:36 +0200, hermod.opstvedt@dnbnor.no wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry if I was a bit sparse here.
>
> I writing a test client that checks the availability of page2 in a multi
> sequence dialog. If you do this in a browser:
>
> 1. Enter a regular http URI for the site - You get redirected to a https
> page.
> 2. Fill in a form field on that page and submit - The reponse is page2
> (also https).
>

> I was running a slightly modified version of the ClientExecuteProxy
> sample where the I had 443 and https for the target. I then got:
>
> ResponseProcessCookies - CookieSpec not available in HTTP context

Hermod,

This sounds like a bug in HttpClient. Would it be a big deal for you to
reproduce the problem with a test case?

> So getting that response I assumed that I needed to set up a cookie
> store - Hence my question.
>
> I have now changed it to 80 and http, and it runs OK.
>
> On a side note: If I run the ClientCustomContext, I get:
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Response content length: -1
> Chunked?: true
>
> How do I get at the chuncked response? - I know that a chuncked response
> comes from a persistant connection, but I have not found a sample that
> shows how the API handles this type of response.

HttpClient handles transfer encoding completely transparently. There is
nothing that needs to be on the consumer side. Just read data from the
content stream of the response entity.

Oleg