From "Bill Higgins" <billh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Final releases for HttpClient/HttpCore
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 23:21:06 GMT
Do you have any sense of how safe or unsafe it would be to run
production code with pre-final builds of HttpCore and HttpClient 4?

I ask because my project is tentatively thinking we will also ship in
2Q 2009 and I worry that maybe I shouldn't depend on HttpCore /
HttpClient for our 2Q 2009 release if you think they shouldn't be run
in production before the final HttpCore/HttpClient releases. It seems
logical that even if HttpClient 4 isn't final by 2Q 2009, it should be
pretty stable by then and with adequate testing of our app that wants
to use it, we should be able to discover and work around any problems
we run into in the pre-final builds.

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 3:00 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> Ron Sigal wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do you have any update on projected release dates?  (Admitting that I
>> myself am partial to "when it's ready".)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ron
>>

> HttpCore 4.0 final    - Q1 2009
> HttpClient 4.0 final  - Q2/Q3 2009