From Suladna <sula...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Reading html-code from many different websites
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2008 11:43:42 GMT

Thanks Quintin. I found an example named connection management, but it seems to do pretty
much the same job as the old HC, with one site at the time?

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/module-client/src/examples/org/apache/http/examples/client/ClientConnectionRelease.java

The sites I want to connect to all start with http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.se/Templates/InsynPersonVisaInnehavPage____3097.aspx?insynsperson_id=

but they have different endings. Should I make a new httpget for each site I want to access
even if they are all under the same domain name?

--- On Fri, 8/1/08, Quintin Beukes <quintin@last.za.net> wrote:

From: Quintin Beukes <quintin@last.za.net>
Subject: Re: Reading html-code from many different websites
To: "HttpClient User Discussion" <httpclient-users@hc.apache.org>, suladna@yahoo.com
Date: Friday, August 1, 2008, 9:12 PM

Hey,

Beyond this, if you wish to use HC4, have a look at:
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/index.html

Download at:
http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi

You need both http core and client. Then inside the client there is an
examples directory. Use one of the basic examples as your basic
structure. Pick on with connection management, unless you only fetch a
max of one file per site. If you fetch more than one file per site,
then connection management is a good idea for performance.

Quintin

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 11:09 PM, Quintin Beukes <quintin@last.za.net>
wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Why not use httpclient 4? For new code it's probably the best option.
> It's API is much stronger, and it's connection management will fit
in
> well with your requirements.
>
> Quintin
>
> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Suladna <suladna@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am making a Java-program that should read the html-code from several
different websites. I am currently using this tutorial to read from one website:

>> http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/tutorial.html
>>
>> My question is: do I really have to release and restart the connection
after every website I read? As there are so many websites it would be good if I
could instead redefine the HttpMethod instead of creating a new one for each
site. Is this possible?

--
Quintin Beukes