From Natarajan_Va...@emc.com
Subject RE: Problems calling new PostMethod(url)
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:45:22 GMT
There may be a runtime exception... Try catching Throwable instead of
catching Exception. I hope, this might give more info about the failure.

-----Original Message-----
From: talldean [mailto:talldean@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:23 AM
To: httpclient-users@hc.apache.org
Subject: Problems calling new PostMethod(url)

I have the following block of code, using a freshly downloaded
HttpClient-3.1, and cannot figure out what I've done wrong.

try {
	String urlString = "http://www.google.com";
	logger.trace("1");
	PostMethod method = new PostMethod(urlString);
	logger.trace("2");
} catch (Exception e) {
	logger.trace("3");
}

The logs get the message "1", and the program terminates before it seems
get to the trace 2 line, without throwing an exception of any sort.  Any
ideas?  Same thing seems to happen with both PostMethod and GetMethod,
and
I'm out of ideas.