From Will McQueen <willmcqu...@yahoo.com>
Subject capture exact Http request for wire trace
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 23:01:37 GMT
Hi,

I use commons-httpclient-3.1 to make Web API calls. For debugging purposes, I need to know
exactly the entire HTTP request message that was sent from my program to the server (ie, wiretrace).
How can I do this with httpclient? At first I thought there might be a toString() method in
the HttpMethodBase class that I could call after constructing my request, but that doesn't
seem to be the case. I was considering using something like Wireshark, Fiddler, Charles, or
Burp, but I'd rather do it with httpclient if I can. Using a proxy would modify some of the
headers, I think?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Will