From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tunneled HTTPS connections through HTTP proxies, via the CONNECT method.
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:59:11 GMT
Jon Dixon wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>     I have a question on  "Tunneled HTTPS connections through HTTP proxies, via the CONNECT
method" feature.

>    I can successfully establish a connection to the HTTP proxy with the Connect method.
 But now,  how do I use this connection to send Gets and Posts
>   to HTTPS server.  The example that is provided in "ProxyTunnelDemo.java" uses a raw
socket after making a connection to the HTTP proxy.  Could someone
>   supply me some sample code that uses Get and/or Post methods to a HTTPS server after
establishing a tunnel through the HTTP proxy?

>   Many thanks
>
>    Jon

Jon

The purpose of ProxyClient is to tunnel non-HTTP connections via an HTTP
proxy. If you want to execute regular HTTP methods via a tunneling proxy
simply use HttpClient.

Oleg