From BazzaRy <barry_jc_r...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Use httpClient to authenticate with proxy and server
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:55:27 GMT

Hi,

I need to authenticate with an apache proxy server using NTLM and a web
application runnig on JBoss.  the problem I have is with using HTTPClient to
authenticate with the proxy and the web-app.  When I provide proxy
credentials using client.getState().setProxyCredentials() these appear to be
ignored by apache and it only recognises the credentials provided by
client.getState().setCredentials().  I am not 100% if the problem is with my
usage of HttpClient or how apache is set up as a proxy.  If I request a
server resource that does not require authentication (e.g. the login form)
then I authenticate with the proxy and get through to the web-app no
problem.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Regards

Barry