From "Quintin Beukes" <quin...@last.za.net>
Subject Re: isStale()
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2008 16:13:25 GMT
>  (2) Be careful with blocking behaviors. If your code gets blocked while
>  executing on the I/O dispatch thread, this will effectively block _all_
>  connections. No I/O events could be dispatched anymore.

I figured this, and made sure that the IO dispatch thread does nothing
more than set a variable and release a latch.

>  (3) HttpCore does not provide a sophisticated connection management
>  mechanism similar to that in the HttpClient package. This is something
>  that we still plan to build at some point. Currently one need to write a
>  lot of management code to control the behavior of the connecting I/O
>  reactor.

This I also know, but with NIO, is there even a way to do connection management?

I figure I'd take your advice and get this thing running for
Wednesday. I don't know how HttpClient does this, but I figure I'd
just force make a new connection on the second try :/

But Wednesday is just 3 days away. Are there any examples that does
persistent NIO connections?