From "Quintin Beukes" <quin...@last.za.net>
Subject DefaultHttpClientConnection.isOpen();
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 20:58:14 GMT
Hey,

Is it possible for this method (DefaultHttpClientConnection.isOpen())
to return "true" when the socket is closed.

I have a case where netstat doesn't return ANY open connections to the
target server, but isOpen returns true.

It's not very easy to reproduce my problem, but I've been able to do
it whenever needed by using high concurrency. I'm not sure if isOpen()
ever returns true when there is no socket when it seems like my
problem isn't there. I've only checked when my problem is occurring,
and this seems very odd.

Thanks
--
Quintin Beukes