From "Quintin Beukes" <quin...@last.za.net>
Subject Re: Higher Throughputs
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:05:08 GMT
I made some modifications to running it inside a servlet, and 51mb/s
HttpCore, gets 30mb/s inside the servlet (while streaming it out). The
servlet is also changed a bit, not wrapping the output stream in a
BufferedOutputStream, and others.

Either way, when the concurrency is 1 I get this 30mb/s, and the
following summary:
Time per request:       1676.132 [ms] (mean)
Time per request:       167.613 [ms] (mean, across all concurrent requests)
Transfer rate:          1059.17 [Kbytes/sec] received

When the concurrency is 10, I get:
Time per request:       33.557 [ms] (mean)
Time per request:       33.557 [ms] (mean, across all concurrent requests)
Transfer rate:          30572.62 [Kbytes/sec] received

I assume this is the same problem, of connection pooling. But I'm
using HttpCore. I googled as well as "grepped" and scan through the
source code, but I could find connection limit preferences for
HttpCore. Is there such a thing?

Is the connection limit in the way I am using it? Do I need to manage
the connections myself?

Thanks

Quintin Beukes