From David Gallardo <da...@gallardo.org>
Subject Re: Message body in GET method?
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:13:53 GMT

I've read section 9.1 and don't see how this would be in violation of the
spec. I intend to use the body merely to specify the query, the server
doesn't preserve it, so it's an entirely safe, idempotent retrieval
operation--like any other GET.

I don't mean to sound contentious, Oleg, but what part of the spec,
specifically, would this be violating?

I'm open to suggestion, if this is wrong, but since this is a query, it
doesn't seem appropriate to use a POST or UPDATE.

@D

David,

What you are trying to do / propose is a severe violation of the HTTP
spec. See section 9.1

Oleg