From NBW <email...@gmail.com>
Subject HttpMethodBase INFO log message
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 21:44:15 GMT
Hi,

I am using HTTPClient 3.1 and talking to a server which isn't playing
nicely. In certain situations its HTTP 1.1 responses don't contain a
Content-Length header. org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase issues a
log entry, "Response content length is not known", at the INFO level. I
appreciate the information and it pointed out the problem with the response,
however, at this point I would like to quiet this logging down since there
is nothing I can do about the root cause of the message and things are
working despite the RFC violation.  Short of recompiling HTTPClient is there
a property or other preference (perhaps some log4j config. magic?) I can set
to silence this?

Thanks,

-NBW