From "Rajat Sharma" <rsha...@airvana.com>
Subject RE: Issue getting a page via HTTPCLient
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 19:02:15 GMT
I ran the wireshark but since the packets are encrypted couldn't make
sense of it.

Is there a way to decode these packets ?

Thankks,
Rajat
-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 11:22 PM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: Re: Issue getting a page via HTTPCLient

On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 10:27 -0400, Rajat Sharma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get a Https Get on the page. There are no issues
logging
> into this site ( with SSL enabled ofcourse) and I am able to
> successfully get atleast one HTTP GET inside the site successfully.
>
> The issue is when I am trying to get one link and that is giving me
"Due
> to technical fault this page cannot be displayed. Please try again
> later".
>
> Using browsers, both Firefox and IE, I am able to successfully view
the
> page, meaning there is no issue with the site itself.
>
> I tried putting USER Agent as both MSIE6.0 and Mozilla/5.0 (Windows;
U;
> Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14,
but
> this yielded no luck.
>
> Can anyone let me know what could be the issue here.

Lots of possible reasons. Some CGI scripts cannot handle multi-line
cookies correctly, for one. Some sites go to extraordinary lengths to
find out if the agent they are communicating with is a browser and not a
script of some kind and intentionally making those sites difficult to
script.

The best thing to do is to capture HTTP packets generated by the browser
using a local proxy or a traffic analyzer and then program HttpClient to
generate identical / compatible packets.

Hope this helps

Oleg

> Thanks,
> Raj
>

> "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
> moments that take our breath away."
>
> Rajat Sharma
> Lead Engineer
> Airvana, Inc

> ~~~~~~~~~
> Disclaimer: The documents and contents included in this e-mail contain
> information from Airvana which is proprietary, confidential, or
> privileged, and shall not attach any liability on the originator.  The
> information is intended for the use of the individual or entity that
it
> was intended for.  Be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution,