From "bin chen" <drbc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: How to get response from a URL with an intermediate stage?
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 09:48:07 GMT
>Sebb wrote:

>Presumably the updated hidden field is in a form; if so, the see
>section 5.3 and 5.4 of the document.

Sebb:
Yes, the updated hidden field is in a form. I checked the section 5.3 and 5.4
and found the following:
"
These tags are used to define parameters in static HTML. With dynamic
HTML, in particular Java**Script, the parameter values can be
changed before the form is submitted. If that is the case, you are in
trouble. Learn Java**Script, analyze the code that is executed,
and modify your application to match that behavior."
Which does not described the situation I am facing. In my case, the
form's hidden value changed after the request was submitted but before
the
final result was reached. After the request was submitted, the URL did
not change before the final result showed up.
Because the hidden value was used for validation, it caused  validation error

"*Exception Details:* System.ArgumentException: Invalid postback or callback
argument.  Event validation is enabled using <pages
enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page
EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page.  For security purposes, this
feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from
the server control that originally rendered them.  If the data is valid and
expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation
method in order
to register the postback or callback data for validation."

Since I could get through this stage using loadrunner, I am wondering
whether it is possible to either access to the javascript function to
turn off the validation from http client, or retrive the middle step response.

Thank you,

DRB