From "bin chen" <drbc...@gmail.com>
Subject How to get response from a URL with an intermediate stage?
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 09:40:40 GMT
Hi, I am trying to post a request to a website with my account to get
information without physically logging onto the site. After posting request
to the login page and getting in, I got to the redirected page which
contains the form I needed for getting the info. In the form, there were two
hidden inputs, one was for state, and the other was for validation, I could
get both of those two values using GET method to the URL, with those values
available, I tried to post my request. However, after posting my request, I
got an Http 500, internal error exception. The response of my request
indicated that the validation data was not correct. After getting on the
physical website and looking through the posting request process carefully,
I found that there was an intermediate stage where the page's URL stayed the
same, but the page was showing "wait..." as the request was being processed,
at this point, the validate value was changed while the state value remained
unchanged. I also tried to go through the process by using loadrunner,
loadrunner could get through the process successfully, and the recorded
process showed that the intermediate stage indeed existed, with the same
action and referer, the submit button value was set to "processing" in that
stage and the validate value was different before the request was submitted
(with all the necessary inputs filled in) and the intermediate stage. How
can I get around of this intermediate stage and get to the final result page
I wanted? I am sure this can be done since LoadRunner can do it without
problem.  My questions are
1. How to get the validate value from the intermediate stage (which I don't
even know how to access using http client)
2. How to post it so that I can get the final result.

Regards,

DRB