From Sebastiaan van Erk <sebs...@sebster.com>
Subject generics issue in httpclient 4.0-alpha4
Date Sat, 10 May 2008 09:03:58 GMT
Hi,

First of all, thanks for the new httpclient release. :-)

When I was updating my project I ran into one small generics issue; the
following code will not compile:

	new UrlEncodedFormEntity(Collections.singletonList(new
BasicNameValuePair("a", "b")));

because UrlEncodedFormEntity wants a List<NameValuePair> and the above
code results in a List<BasicNameValuePair>. Considering that the list is
probably read only in the httpclient code, the declaration of the
UrlEncodedFormEntity constructor could be changed to:

     public UrlEncodedFormEntity (
         final List <? extends NameValuePair> parameters,
         final String encoding) throws UnsupportedEncodingException {
         super(URLEncodedUtils.format(parameters, encoding),
             encoding);
         setContentType(URLEncodedUtils.CONTENT_TYPE);
     }

(note the List<? extends NameValuePair>).

Regards,
Sebastiaan