From Raman Gupta <rocketra...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: Static Protocol Registry visibility problems
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 00:23:39 GMT
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 09:55 -0400, Raman Gupta wrote:
>> I'm having problems related to HttpClient using a static protocol
>> registry.
>> [...snip...]
>
> Use ´╗┐HostConfigurationWithStickyProtocol from the contrib package to
> work the problem around.

Thanks for the pointer! I had already tried something very similar but
it wasn't working for me. I was using version 3.0 which does not allow
for overriding HostConfiguration, since it does the following in
executeMethod:

hostconfig = new HostConfiguration(hostconfig);

With your pointer, I saw that´╗┐HostConfigurationWithStickyProtocol was
introduced in 3.1, so I checked the executeMethod method in 3.1, and
saw that it has been changed to:

hostconfig = (HostConfiguration) hostconfig.clone();

Problem solved until 4.0, when this hack won't be needed! Thank you Oleg.

Cheers,
Raman Gupta