From DrewC <nab...@drewcox.com>
Subject Re: Redirected - but where? HttpClient 4
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 15:01:26 GMT

Ok, I guess I just needed to keep banging on this for another hour.  I am now
using a non-default context with the execute and then reconstructing the
final require URL with:

                HttpUriRequest finalRequest =
		    (HttpUriRequest) context.getAttribute(ExecutionContext.HTTP_REQUEST);
		HttpHost host = (HttpHost)
context.getAttribute(ExecutionContext.HTTP_TARGET_HOST);

		StringBuilder uriString = new StringBuilder();
		uriString.append(host.getSchemeName() + "://");
		uriString.append(host.getHostName());
		if (host.getPort() != -1) {
			uriString.append(":" + host.getPort());
		}
		uriString.append(finalRequest.getURI().normalize().toString());

If anyone could confirm this is the right method, that would be appreciated.

Regards
Drew

DrewC wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to do basically exactly what Magnus was attempting, to
> access the final full URL to the resource after following
> redirects.  But I have had no success attempting the techniques seen here,
> though I admit to being a bit confused by them.  I have not had to deal
> with the HttpContext previously and I am not exactly sure which
> HttpGetMethod Olek suggests to cast.  But with my simplistic approach,
> after the request is executed (with httpClient.execute(httpGet) and I have
> confirmed several redirects already occured and were followed, the
>
>   HttpGet.getURI
>   (HttpUriRequest)httpGet).getURI()
>   (HttpUriRequest)httpGet).getRequestLine().getUri()
>
> all still retains the intial URL, not the final one.  I am using a shared
> HttpClient (created via ThreadSafeClientConnManager), not sure if that
> makes any difference.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Drew
>

> olegk wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 04:50 -0800, MaGGE wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've just started using HttpClient for a little util I'm making. I'm
>>> letting
>>> it handle_redirects=true, but I need to process the URL it's been
>>> redirected
>>> to. How can I find the "current URL" after I've executed a request that
>>> was
>>> redirected?
>>>
>>> I've tried a couple of things - which I feel is "wrong". First thing was
>>> disable handle_redirects, and look for the "Location" header in a loop
>>> of my
>>> own. Challenge with this was that I could not see any way to replace the
>>> URI
>>> for the request object, so I'd have to make a new one - which is a