From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issue getting a page via HTTPCLient
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 17:51:48 GMT
On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 10:27 -0400, Rajat Sharma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get a Https Get on the page. There are no issues logging
> into this site ( with SSL enabled ofcourse) and I am able to
> successfully get atleast one HTTP GET inside the site successfully.
>
> The issue is when I am trying to get one link and that is giving me "Due
> to technical fault this page cannot be displayed. Please try again
> later".
>
> Using browsers, both Firefox and IE, I am able to successfully view the
> page, meaning there is no issue with the site itself.
>
> I tried putting USER Agent as both MSIE6.0 and Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U;
> Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14, but
> this yielded no luck.
>
> Can anyone let me know what could be the issue here.

Lots of possible reasons. Some CGI scripts cannot handle multi-line
cookies correctly, for one. Some sites go to extraordinary lengths to
find out if the agent they are communicating with is a browser and not a
script of some kind and intentionally making those sites difficult to
script.

The best thing to do is to capture HTTP packets generated by the browser
using a local proxy or a traffic analyzer and then program HttpClient to
generate identical / compatible packets.

Hope this helps

Oleg