From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpClient 4.0 is nearing API freeze / API review request
Date Sat, 24 May 2008 11:03:57 GMT
Folks

The redesign of HttpClient is now complete. All known problems with the
old (3.x) API and architecture limitations have been resolved. All
features planned for the 4.0 release are now in place.

Due to the release schedule of one of our upstream projects we will have
to freeze the 4.0 API rather sooner than later. The next release is
likely to be BETA1 not ALPHA5, as initially planned.

If your project depends on HttpClient, this is the time to check the new
API out and let us know what you think. If we do not get more feedback /
change requests, the current SVN snapshot is very likely to be the API
HttpClient 4.0 will ship with. If you ever wanted to have something
fixed or improved in HttpClient API, this is pretty much the last chance
to ask for it.

The current SVN snapshot can be found here:

http://people.apache.org/~olegk/4.0-API-review/

Oleg