From "Shanmugam Karthikeyan NCS" <skar...@ncs.com.sg>
Subject URGENT --- Passing Session Info to a Redirected Page
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 05:23:05 GMT
Hi All,

    I am new to HttpClient. I need to develop a proxy servlet which does an internal Http
post to a IIS server which in turn generates a cookie which i need to use in order to perform
Single Sign On to a Vendor application.
Currently this Single Sign On is working perfectly for a form based http posting of user id
and password. The requirement is to use a servlet based http post instead of form based http
post.

      Therefore, I decided to use HttpClient API to achieve this.

       The following is the pseduo code for your understanding

    String url = "http://192.168.33.290/siteminderagent/forms/login.fcc <https://webmail.ncs.com.sg/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://192.168.33.290/siteminderagent/forms/login.fcc>
";

    HttpClient client = new HttpClient();

PostMethod postMethod = new PostMethod(url);

  postMethod.addParameter("USER","skarthi");
  postMethod.addParameter("PASSWORD","pass");
  postMethod.addParameter("target","http://spectrum.skarthi.com.sg/ <https://webmail.ncs.com.sg/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://spectrum.skarthi.com.sg/>
");

  int statusCode = client.executeMethod(postMethod);

   The STATUS CODE RETURNED HERE IS 302. BY RIGHT IF I USE A BROWSER TO PERFORM THIS POST
, THE BROWSER WILL AUTOMATICALLY REDIRECT TO http://spectrum.skarthi.com.sg/ <https://webmail.ncs.com.sg/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://spectrum.skarthi.com.sg/>
.

Since the http post is through HttpClient I think I am getting 302 status code.

   Therefore , I am performing the following

 Header locationHeader = postMethod.getResponseHeader("location");
    String redirectLocation =null;
    if (locationHeader != null) {
            redirectLocation = locationHeader.getValue();
        }
   response.sendRedirect(redirectLocation );

   The problem which I am facing now is that the Single Sing On is not working. For the Single
Sing On to work I need to pass the coookie value availble in my postMethod to the URL redirected.
My Question here is that .. How do I pass the session info which I getting after the "executeMethod"
to the redirected URL

regards,

S.Karthikeyan