From Sebastiaan van Erk <sebs...@sebster.com>
Subject Re: httptunnel client 4.0 alpha 3 and preemtive authentication
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 19:04:52 GMT
Hi Oleg,

Thanks for the reply, I figured as much.

I prefer to use expect/continue, which I actually do when the proxy
supports it, but in some cases unfortunately it doesn't and I must fall
back to preemptive.

What does seem strange to me is that HttpClient *does* retry the request
with the authentication header, as it seems to me that it is impossible
if the entity is not repeatable and some data is already sent. An
exception might be better?

Regards,
Sebastiaan