From David Byrne <davidriby...@yahoo.com>
Subject Connection Management in HttpClient 4
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2008 00:50:24 GMT
This question is in regards to HttpClient 4.

I seem to be having a problem with ThreadSafeClientConnManager, or ConnPoolByRoute.getEntry
more specifically. For testing purposes, I have set the MAX_HOST_CONNECTIONS and MAX_TOTAL_CONNECTIONS
to 100, and confirmed that the correct values are being used in getEntry.

Despite these high values, I have a large number of threads that sit on the call to WaitingThread.await.
I haven’t timed how long they are sitting there, but when I pause execution in a debugger,
at least 80% of my 20+ threads are paused there. Using netstat, I never see more than five
established connections to the server, and rarely more than four. A packet capture shows that
no connections are being rejected by the server.

Any ideas about what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks,
David Byrne