From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <b...@redwerk.com>
Subject calculate bandwidth of HttpClient
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:43:38 GMT
Hello there!

Is there any way to get the bandwidth, used by HttpClient to download
pages?

Currently we are using version 3.0.1 of HttpClient, and we had implemented the
ProtocolSocketFactory which returns an instance of the custom Socket class,
which returns the InputStream which is able to return amount of bytes read
from the content stream. Knowing the amount of bytes and time of download, it
is trivial to calculate the bandwidth - however the real bandwidth on the
network interface is about 2 times more than reported by our application.

And we are sure there are no other network activity on the interface, and our
calculations seems to be right - the amount of downloaded data equals to the
amount of data saved to the persisted storage.

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky