From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: URGENT --- Passing Session Info to a Redirected Page
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 17:19:03 GMT

On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 13:23 +0800, Shanmugam Karthikeyan NCS wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     I am new to HttpClient. I need to develop a proxy servlet which does an internal
Http post to a IIS server which in turn generates a cookie which i need to use in order to
perform Single Sign On to a Vendor application.
> Currently this Single Sign On is working perfectly for a form based http posting of user
id and password. The requirement is to use a servlet based http post instead of form based
http post.

POST , THE BROWSER WILL AUTOMATICALLY REDIRECT TO http://spectrum.skarthi.com.sg/ <https://webmail.ncs.com.sg/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://spectrum.skarthi.com.sg/>
.

> Since the http post is through HttpClient I think I am getting 302 status code.
>
>    Therefore , I am performing the following
>
>  Header locationHeader = postMethod.getResponseHeader("location");
>     String redirectLocation =null;
>     if (locationHeader != null) {
>             redirectLocation = locationHeader.getValue();
>         }
>    response.sendRedirect(redirectLocation );

>    The problem which I am facing now is that the Single Sing On is not working. For the
Single Sing On to work I need to pass the coookie value availble in my postMethod to the URL
redirected.
> My Question here is that .. How do I pass the session info which I getting after the
"executeMethod" to the redirected URL

Obviously, you need to include the session cookie

Oleg