From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: html form code & name value pair example
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 19:52:20 GMT

On Sat, 2008-03-29 at 22:27 -0700, Corey Lundon wrote:
> Is my problem that my Login is based on javascript and HttpClient doesn't execute javascript
like a browser does.  So is what I am doing impossible.

Corey

No, it is not impossible. You just need to manually simulate the effect
of a form submission performed through a javascript invocation.

>  I still don't see that developer sun java login that the tutorial talks about.  I need
to see how others handle logging in and then I need to make a log in page like that i guess.
 An example of an html form login page and corresponding NVPairs would be highly helpfull
still.

Have you looked at the HttpClient primer? If not, please do. It explains
in details how to go about form-based authentication using HttpClient

http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/ForAbsoluteBeginners

Oleg

> Corey Lundon <coreylundon@yahoo.com> wrote: Hi I need some help using HttpClient
> I would love an example of a form and the corresponding name value pairs needed.
> Your tutorial talks about some sun site with a form that i can't even get to.
>
> I have a form that uses a button type that executes a javascript and then in turn redirects
you to another site

> there is only one field ... a password field
> so i was thinking i only need one name value pair for it
> but i can't seem to get past the login page
>
> do i need a name value pair for the button press and if so what would it consist of
>
> your tutorial has lots of name value pairs
> an action, url, username, and password
>

> also you talk about only way to see if log on was correct is to check cookie
> my html form doesn't use cookies as far as i know
> it is just a form with a field for password
> you hit button which runs a javascript function
> and if password is correct you go to new site
> i was just trying to check status code for a redirection status code
> or maybe i could just getResponseAsString and see if i am on the right site

> You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access,
No Cost.