From "Tov Are Jacobsen" <m...@tovare.com>
Subject HttpClient v 4 Alpha 3: WARNING: Invalid use of SingleClientConnManager: connection still allocated.
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 18:08:58 GMT
Hi,

I'm getting a warning and an Exception stack-trace for every single
connection I do after the first one.

I consumeContent after each request, so I think my code should be ok ... and
it works as well, but I wonder
if it's possible to find a way to not get those warnings (because it makes
it harder to focus on the real issues with my code)

06.mar.2008 18:50:43
org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManagerrevokeConnection
WARNING: Invalid use of SingleClientConnManager: connection still allocated.
Make sure to release the connection before allocating another one.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Revoking connection to HttpRoute[{s}->
https://xxx.xxxxxx.xx]
    at org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManager.revokeConnection(
SingleClientConnManager.java:345)
    at org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManager.getConnection(
SingleClientConnManager.java:220)
    at org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManager.getConnection(
SingleClientConnManager.java:195)
    at
org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultClientRequestDirector.allocateConnection(
DefaultClientRequestDirector.java:508)
    at org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultClientRequestDirector.execute(
DefaultClientRequestDirector.java:293)
    at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(
AbstractHttpClient.java:500)
    at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(
AbstractHttpClient.java:455)
    at org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(
AbstractHttpClient.java:421)
    at no.telerespons.statistikk.GetStat.downloadFile(GetStat.java:120)
    at no.telerespons.statistikk.GetStat.main(GetStat.java:43)

Btw. the idea behind the release strategy is great ... but I'm so used to
unallocate that it feels a bit like black magic :-)

Btw. when is the next alpha or betal comming out?

Thanks !

--
Med vennlig hilsen
Tov Are Jacobsen