From "Thierry Boileau" <thboil...@gmail.com>
Subject Trouble shooting informational status
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:31:47 GMT
Hello all,

After some tests, I noticed that the HttpClient hangs in the case the
server sends a response with informational status and at the same time
does not support persistent connections. I recognize that this case is
quite unusual or unpractical however it leads to block the client.

I wonder if the behaviour of the
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase#readResponse method could
not be improved by just adding a call to the "shouldCloseConnection"
method after checking sthe status code.
           if ((status >= 100) && (status < 200)) {
               if(shouldCloseConnection(conn)){
                   break;
               }

best regards,