From Xiao.L....@Seagate.com
Subject how to handle server auth during SSL connection through HttpClient
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 00:12:23 GMT

Hi

      I'm quite satisfied with newest HttpClient (version is
httpcomponents-client-4.0-alpha3), but I encounter a difficulty now.

      It supports secure connections with a custom SSL context
(refer to
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/module-client/src/examples/org/apache/http/examples/client/ClientCustomSSL.java
), however, I'd like to know whether it supports Server Authentication. I
mean the server asks for a client certificate during the SSL handshake. Via
latest HttpClient, may I upload a client certificate to server for
authentication? If does, what should I do?

      I need some advice from you.

      Thanks a lot

Thanks & Regards,
Liu Xiao