From Biju P <bij...@tcs.com>
Subject Handling proxies and modifying request header fields
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 05:01:44 GMT
Hi,

I am writing an Applet. The applet must be accessed by users from
different domains and networks which are controlled by proxies and
firewalls.

My concerns are,
i) The applet should be able to send requests to external websites thru
the proxy (if any proxy exists).
ii) The applet should be able to modify the request header fields, such as
User-agent field.

When I try using normal URLConnection from java.io package, the applet is
able to inherit the proxy settings from the browser and send the requests
thru that proxy. But, I am getting response code 403 for some of the
sites.

Can anybody tell me, is this possible by using Apache HttpClient?. And if
so, please specify the version.

It would be a great help, if somebody could advise on this.

Biju P M
Mailto: biju.p@tcs.com
and any attachments. Thank you