From ever friend <ever_frien...@yahoo.com>
Subject httpclient4 app cause serverside-servlet request.getparameter() return null?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 01:57:36 GMT
Greeting....

  New to httpclient4.
  Have a problem when I tried to udpate my application from httpclient3.x to httpclient4.
  I got the error at server side:
request.getParameter("paraName") returns null.
  (serverside is an applicaiton running on Jboss).

  Here is the code on client side:
// prepare parameters
HttpParams params = new BasicHttpParams();
params.setParameter("paraName", "test");
HttpClient httpClient = new DefaultHttpClient();
  httpPost = new HttpPost("http://www.mydomain.com/servletTest);
httpPost.setParameter(params);
HttpResponse response = httpClient.execute(httpPost);
  The servletTest at server application does receive the http request,
but when it calls request.getParameter("paraName"), it gets null.

  Did I miss anything here?
  When I use httpclient3.x for this kind of functions, it works fine.
  Thank you for any feedback and help!

  Best,
  Ever