From Tatu Saloranta <cowtownco...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Whole HTTP response as InputStream?
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 19:38:59 GMT
--- ripok <rkopisto@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tatu, I don't understand what you mean at the end of
> your response? The
> whole HTTP response, which server sends back, is the
> mime message. So the
> response headers are also part of returned mime
> message.

I guess it depends on types of headers we are talking
about (and I may have misunderstood you). But
basically there's difference between physical part
(yes, all the data comes from same stream, via same
socket) and logical part (layering -- http
server/client usually should handle http-level headers
that preced payload).

So if there are headers that are logically part of the
mime message, they belong to payload (from httpclient
perspective); but if you were talking about http
headers, they'd be part of response metadata, not
payload.

Does this make sense? Anyway, if you can easily solve
the problem using SequenceInputStream, go for it. :-)

-+ Tatu +-