From Jeff Davis <j...@FlyingDiamond.com>
Subject Re: Login to mail.yahoo.com or gmail.com with HttpClient
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 17:52:22 GMT
Hi,

I have written such a program that logs into those and other sites like
them.  I can't share the code as I no longer work for the company that
owns it.  But I can point you to the resources I used.

First, a packet analyzer, like wireshark is useful for detecting your
posts match that of a browser.
This opensource project gave some great inspiration also:
Mr. Postman - http://mrpostman.sourceforge.net

That should help get you started.

Jeff

SJ wrote:
> I have a task to login into site like http://mail.yahoo.com and read the
> content.
> I have tried the Login Examples with Http Client. But sites like
> mail.yahoo.com and gmail.com are passing back  and forth lot of hidden
> parameters and executing a java script functions before submitting the form
> request.
>
> Has any one written such program to break into mail.yhaoo.com or gmail.com
> site with valid userid and password?
>
> Please help!!!!!

Jeff Davis
Flying Diamond Network Solutions