From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: httpclient4 app cause serverside-servlet request.getparameter() return null?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 14:02:10 GMT
Hello Ever,

>   Here is the code on client side:
> // prepare parameters
> HttpParams params = new BasicHttpParams();
> params.setParameter("paraName", "test");

HttpParams provides parameters to the HttpClient framework.
If you want send something to the server, put it in an
entity. The one you're looking for is this:
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/client/methods/UrlEncodedFormEntity.html

>   When I use httpclient3.x for this kind of functions, it works fine.

If you call PostMethod.getParams().setParameter(...) in 3.1,
it fails just as miserably ;-)

But we need to improve our documentation, quickly...

cheers,
   Roland