From sjlucas <luc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient GET request for a file > 2G doesn't work
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:35:49 GMT

We are connecting to the server using HTTP/1.1 so it sounds like there
shouldn't be an issue with chunked file transfer.

So, I guess we're back to original question.  Why does a GET request using
the HttpClient file not work correctly when getting a zip file that is > 2G?
Sometimes the GET request completes very quickly with no errors but the
content size is 0.  On subsequent attempts, the GET request may run for 20
or 30 minutes  in HTTPClient's executeMethod() before we get error message
"The server xxxxxx.xxx.com failed to respond with a valid HTTP response".

What can I do to further debug this?
Has anyone successfully downloaded a zip file > 2G using the HttpClient and
a GET method?