From "micky" <micky_...@cyberpowersystems.com.tw>
Subject RE: cookie or session-id is different from the same HttpClient connection?!
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 12:56:09 GMT
Dear Oleg,

Sorry for that I don't know how to use the logger to log the needed or important log for HttpClient.

The website only demonstrate how to setup the configuration instead of how to use it for logging...

--
Dear Roland,

I know the cookie issue, and had already read the document you provide for me.

The prerequisite I forgot to tell you is that I connect and login to HTTPS page first, then
I connect to HTTP page.

I am sure the server response a valid cookie because of the old code I wrote can work well.
The old code I use are HttpsURLConnection and HttpURLConnection .
I get a cookie from HttpsURLConnection.getHeaderField(), then I set the cookie with HttpURLConnection.setRequestProperty()
for next connection, and it works well.
Please note that the first one I use is HttpsURLConnection and the second one is HttpURLConnection.

Now when I transfer the old code to the new code with HttpClient, there is a cookie problem
I can't figure out.
Does it mean if the protocol changed from HTTPS to HTTP, the connection session will be different
from each other even if I use the same HttpClient instance?

The cookie content got from server is " [version: 0][name: JSESSIONID][name: 8012FD6E805E69A2FAF5F463A8FA8281][domain:
192.168.20.73][path: /agent][expiry: null]" after the first login action.
The cookie content got from server is " [version: 0][name: JSESSIONID][name: D1CC1767F69A03AF99F8AC55C1DF1E0D][domain:
192.168.20.73][path: /agent][expiry: null]" after the second action.

Does it mean I need to set the previous cookie with the next HttpClient.execute(HttpPost,
HttpContext), which HttpContext has the previous connection's cookie attribute?

Or even if the different protocol connections are proceed, the HttpClient still can handle
the cookie issue, and I don't care how it works?

I think I need not to know which cookie version or protocol I receive or send because the
HttpClient's default cookie policy is "Best Match", am I right?

Thanks for your kindly help.

Sincerely,
Micky