From "Christiaan Lamprecht" <christiaanw...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: MTHCM Connection Pool re-use
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:01:53 GMT
Just in case anyone stumbles on the same problem:

Solution is here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/httpclient-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg01028.html

Also;
> hostConfig.setHost("https://mega01.ac.uk/index.html", 8085, new
> Protocol("https", (ProtocolSocketFactory)new
> EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory(), 8085));
>
> in the threads instead, and execute the method on that host instead, I
> get the following error:

also remove https before mega01:
hostConfig.setHost("https://mega01.ac.uk/index.html", .....);

In regard to the first question I did the following (there can of
course be a better solution...)

MTHCM does a very good job at reusing connections for a particular
host configuration, and therefore for a particular PC. The main
concept was to extend HostConfiguration with a unique id to allow
multiple HostConfigurations per target machine, which in turn meant
there could be a unique pool and SSL session for each
HostConfiguration. Also made a few++ other changes.

Thanks again for all the help
Christiaan