From Lorenzo Moretti <mozne...@hotmail.com>
Subject HttpClient 4.0 alpha 2 and HttpCore 4 beta 1
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 16:47:43 GMT

Hi,

I am currently using both the HttpClient (issuing GET requests) and HttpCore (using nio and
ssl extensions). I would like to use the latest HttpCore but the compatible client is not
released yet. However I think that the necessary code changes have already been committed:

a) HTTPCLIENT-702 was handled by
svn diff -r 576068:595948 httpclient/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/conn/DefaultResponseParser.java

b) HTTPCLIENT-703 was handled by
svn diff -r 569782:595948 httpclient/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/auth/RFC2617Scheme.java

c) HTTPCORE-136
svn diff -r 604866:609315 httpclient/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/client/ClientParamsStack.java

My questions are:
1) Is the release of HttpClient 4 alpha 3 scheduled in the near future ?
2) Can I use the changes listed above to build an HttpClient compatible with the latest HttpCore
or the changes to HttpCore are so extensive that even the most basic of functionalities (working
with GET requests) are very likely to fail ?

Thanks for your time,

-- Lorenzo