From Andy Wu <a...@andywu.co.uk>
Subject Re: Non-ascii filenames in Multipart POST
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:37:33 GMT
Hi Oleg,

Appreciate the prompt response.

Do you know what the correct method is of sending filenames containing
non-ascii chars?

 From what I've read in http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1867.html:

    "if the file name of the client's operating system is not in
    US-ASCII, the file name might be approximated or encoded using the
    method of RFC 1522"

Which to me equates to encoding the filename using
javax.mail.internet.MimeUtility.encodeText(). The software I'm uploading
to however doesn't decode the filename. Neither do other upload servlets
such as http://www.servlets.com/cos/ and
http://commons.apache.org/fileupload/index.html.

Thanks
Andy Wu