From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multi-Threading using different host configurations
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:16:48 GMT

On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 09:24 +0000, Eric Cantonna wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> This is my first message on the mailing list (but searches in the archives have already
helped me alot).
> I'm coding some kind of data miner which works rather well now so i'm entering the optimisation
phase.

> I find the example and documentation on the multi-threading a bit sketchy.
> What is the best way to proceed if I want some threads to be associated with  requests
for different sites (let's say one thread per site to fix the mind) and I don't want to use
absolute URIs for each Method instance.

> I gather I have to use different HostConfiguration instances for this?

Yes. You should also be using a separate HttpState instance per thread
of execution.

> Should/Can I also use different HttpClient instances?

No/Yes

> Should/Can I use different MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager instances?

No/No

Oleg

> I gather I could test the different possibilities and see for myself what works and what
doesn't but I thought maybe I could avoid that trouble and ask away...